The QA Lead provides strategy and plans to achieve the product goals, coaches cross-functional Feature Teams to execute these plans, and participates directly in QA activities such as architecting test frameworks and defining automated and exploratory test guidelines.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- For each release and feature, establish a QA strategy that supports the goals specified by the Product Manager, then coach the feature team to execute the strategy.
- Lead risk assessment and test coverage discussions and decisions
- Design journey tests and exploratory test guidelines, to maximize coverage vs. effort
- Architect automated test framework, and ensure adherence to standards for maintainability, coverage, and extensibility of test automation
- Coach feature team in conducting code review, unit testing, automated api/contract testing, non-functional and functional automated acceptance testing and exploratory testing.
- Participate directly in QA activities, such as code review, test automation, and exploratory testing.
- Demonstrate leadership in learning best of breed QA practices from the industry and from other groups at Accusoft, and in deploying those within Feature teams.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or related field; 4 years of real industry experience in the field of software development and/or software quality assurance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Continuous integration Tools: e.g. Team City, CruiseControl
- Test Management Tools: e.g. Quality Center, Rally, Team Foundation Server
- Cloud Computing: e.g. Azure, Amazon Web Services
- OS: Windows, Linux
- Development: experience developing in an object oriented programming language
- Automated Testing Framework and Tools: e.g. nUnit, QuickTest, Selenium, VS Test Professional
- Source Control Tools: e.g. Git, Subversion, Perforce
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITES:
- Proven leadership, critical thinking, and business acumen
- Ability to challenge or question highly technical people to get them to consider alternatives
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good judgement with ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to work with all levels and groups within the organization
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 4 years