Our client is ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, they serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses. They provide high quality audit and attest services, while another division provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
As a key member of the team, the Audit Senior Associate is responsible for:
- Managing, understanding and assisting with planning multiple audit assignments in Manufacturing, Distribution, Not-For-Profit and Benefits Plans and many more industries
- Developing an understanding of client’s business, and becoming a “functional expert” in the area
Execute the day-to-day activities of audit engagements.
- Manage client engagements from start to finish, including managing the budget, planning, executing, directing staff and completing financial statements and audits
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
- Preparing all necessary financial statement and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Identify and communicate technical matters to both clients and upper management.
- Utilize proactive, effective communication with management, staff and clients
- Keeping abreast of latest developments and ensuring professional development through ongoing education
- Recognizing and informing senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients
- Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs
- Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct
- Assist with training and mentoring junior associates and interns on audit methodology
- The position offers an opportunity to work with a diverse client base
Audit Senior Associate Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting or related field preferred
- 1+ year supervisory experience preferred
- CPA candidates preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project management skills, including proficiency in GAAP and GAAS rules, procedures and standards
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
- Come grow your career!
Our client is devoted to providing you with a challenging, motivating environment to guide your success in the accounting profession. Training is provided through our National Training and Professional Development programs which are specifically designed to develop advanced accounting knowledge.
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer